A soup for all seasons, Wildwood® Creamy Tomato Basil Soup is an elegant starter or a simple luncheon dish served with a grilled cheese sandwich. Definitely not just for tomato soup lovers!
Stuffed Green Peppers
- 1-1/2 to 2 Cup Prepared Creamy Tomato Basil Soup Mix
- 4 Green Peppers
- 2 Lbs Ground Beef
- Optional spices: we recommend dashes of curry, cumin and cayenne.
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil (for thicker soup use 5 1/2 cups water). Whisk contents of package into boiling water. Reduce heat to low and simmer for one hour, stirring frequently. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove tops, stems & seeds from green peppers. Drop peppers into boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes. Brown ground beef with spices. Add 1 1/2 cups of soup to beef. Stuff green peppers with soup & meat mixutre. Place in a baking dish, pour remainder of soup over peppers and sprinkle with parmesan or cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350° for one hour.
Wildwood® Trempealeau, WI 54661